His Highness The Prince of Orange along with Lord &
Lady Scott and all the
assembled nobility of We Make History stepped together into the
grace and elegance of the beautiful Regency era
for our 12th
annual Pride & Prejudice Ball, set in the year 1813.
Photos coming soon!
We Make History is Family Friendly. We love
seeing multiple family members of multiple generations enjoying themselves
together as they experience the grace, respect, fashion and dance of former
times. It is healthy for all in so many ways!
I cannot tell you how many times a gentleman
has approached me at the end of a Ball and said something like "I really didn't
want to come but my wife (and/or daughter) made me ... and I'm so glad she/they did.
I haven't had such a good time in years!"
Your servant ... and blessed to be so.
Lord Scott of
We Make History
House Standards for Historic
We are grateful to our wonderful guests who make the effort with us to
create a special ambience and atmosphere of respect. We uphold these standards
out of regard for our much-appreciated friends and for the sake of the
integrity of our events.
1. The use of either tobacco or alcohol is prohibited.
2. Videotaping is not welcome other than by our house videographer. We work
hard to create a special and comfortable historic ambience that all will
enjoy. Discreet photography is welcome but please leave video equipment at
3. No unauthorized distribution of literature is allowed. Nor is this event
an opportunity to recruit persons for purposes either modern or historical.
Please allow all of our guests to enjoy the evening in peace. That is why they
4. These are historic balls and we ask that even those dressed modern
conform to certain historic standards. All clothed in modern attire must be at
least at a dressy casual level.
5. Appropriate footwear is required. (i.e. historic footwear, dress shoes,
dancing slippers, ballet flats, etc.) Please no sandals, flip-flops or
athletic shoes. For the sake of your safety as well as event ambience dancing
barefoot is impermissible.
6. We ask that one not enter to be an observer, chaperone or curiosity
seeker without having a ticket and being properly attired.
7. Please either order advance tickets by the publicized cut-off date (in
time to be mailed back to you) or be prepared to obtain your tickets at the
door (if available) for a higher amount. These events are publicized far in
advance in order to serve you well. They do sometimes fill up early.
8. We do not offer refunds or exchanges.
9. Our standard age policy is that ages 13 and up are welcome to
participate and that ages 8-12 may participate if parents deem them to be
sufficient in manners and maturity. The dress standards for these young ladies and gentlemen are the same
as those for adults. (Please see #4 above.)
10. Gracious and respectful conduct & conversation are expected of all, to
all and at all times.
11. We desire to be good stewards of the facilities we use, to treat them
with care and to leave them in at least as good of condition as when we
12. For the good of all, any who might consider themselves exempt from any
of the above may be asked to leave.
Please also see our “Etiquette
& Expectations” page as well as our "All
About Us" page.